Media Consolidation: What Happened to Free and Independent Media?
More and more newspapers, television stations, and radio stations are being bought by big conglomerates. Independent media is diminishing at a record pace, and with it, local content and sources of news free from government spin.
As Rupert Murdoch, Clear Channel, and other right-wing media moguls control more and more of our televisions, radio, and newspapers, stations like WAGE that are willing to host independent viewpoints such as my own are becoming rarer and rarer.
Why are Republicans so Anti-Democratic?
No. I’m not talking about the Democratic Party. I’m talking about the refusal of the Republican Party to accept elections, obey the laws and the Constitution, and play by the rules.
The California Recall Spectacle is not by a long shot the only attempt by Republicans in recent times to overturn legitimate elections and contravene the usual political laws and rules.
Who are the “Ex-Gays”?
The Supreme Court has recently overturned State law criminalizing private consensual adult sexual behavior.
Canada now allows civil gay marriage. I believe Massachusetts will soon follow suit. [Note from Editor: Mark predicted it!]
“It’s the Economy, Stupid”
A Closer Look at Some of the Lesser Publicized Bush Economic Proposals
A sign hung at the Clinton White House read, “It’s the Economy, Stupid!” in order to remind people of Bill Clinton’s first priority.
At the Bush White House, the sign could read, “It’s the Stupid Economy, Bush!”
- 4/18/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/11/2019 Lawlessness: Trump’s Essence
- 4/8/2019 Trump Immigration Policy Ironically Leads to Increase in Migrations [Fox & Friends]
- 4/11/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/4/2019 Trust and Fear
- 3/19/2019 Biden, Women: Lots of Good 2020 Dem Choices [Fox and Friends}
- 12/6/2018 Democracy in Peril
- 11/29/2018 Mueller’s Closing In
- 11/26/2018 How Low Can We Go?
- 11/20/2018 Trump Unhinged