Media Consolidation: What Happened to Free and Independent Media?
More and more newspapers, television stations, and radio stations are being bought by big conglomerates. Independent media is diminishing at a record pace, and with it, local content and sources of news free from government spin.
As Rupert Murdoch, Clear Channel, and other right-wing media moguls control more and more of our televisions, radio, and newspapers, stations like WAGE that are willing to host independent viewpoints such as my own are becoming rarer and rarer.
Why are Republicans so Anti-Democratic?
No. I’m not talking about the Democratic Party. I’m talking about the refusal of the Republican Party to accept elections, obey the laws and the Constitution, and play by the rules.
The California Recall Spectacle is not by a long shot the only attempt by Republicans in recent times to overturn legitimate elections and contravene the usual political laws and rules.
Who are the “Ex-Gays”?
The Supreme Court has recently overturned State law criminalizing private consensual adult sexual behavior.
Canada now allows civil gay marriage. I believe Massachusetts will soon follow suit. [Note from Editor: Mark predicted it!]
“It’s the Economy, Stupid”
A Closer Look at Some of the Lesser Publicized Bush Economic Proposals
A sign hung at the Clinton White House read, “It’s the Economy, Stupid!” in order to remind people of Bill Clinton’s first priority.
At the Bush White House, the sign could read, “It’s the Stupid Economy, Bush!”
- 9/17/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 9/10/2020 How Could Any Republican Still Support Donald Trump?
- 8/27/2020 Gaslighting: The Republican Dystopia
- 8/20/2020 Light and Darkness
- 8/13/2020 Trump’s Attempted Postal Coup
- 8/6/2020 “It Is What It Is”
- 7/30/2020 Origins of Trumpism Long Predate Donald Trump
- 7/23/2020 Dumb McCarthyism
- 7/16/2020 Why the Virus is Winning
- 7/9/2020 SCOTUS: “No President is Above the Law!”* (*except Trump: See footnote)