In a very special Halloween show, Mark Levine does his lawyerly best to play “devil’s advocate” and defend the Republican Party while Republican strategist Mike Lane takes up the cause of the Democrats.
This should be ugly…and hilarious….as we don masks to celebrate America’s favorite pagan holiday, All Hallow’s Eve.
Bush denies he ever said “Stay the Course” and tries to re-write month-old history.
Does he really think we’re that stupid? Remember: most of his supporters are.
And Dick Cheney defends a practice of torture involving dunking a prisoner’s head in water that dates back to the Spanish Inquisition, while his wife Lynn Cheney tries to deflect attention away from the seamy side of her novels (all while criticizing the writing of war-novelist, dedicated-hero, and Democratic Senatorial candidate Jim Webb for acknowledging the seamy side of war).
I guess it all depends on what the definition of “torture”, “brothels” and “lesbian” is. Remember when Republicans were complaining about Bill Clinton’s legalistic definitions?
And, of course, the war in Iraq continues with maximum casualties, the genocide in Sudan continues with the Administration not lifting a finger, and our enemies in Iran and North Korea continue to develop nuclear weapons while Al Quaeda gathers strength. Corruption and bribery in Congress remain at a peak. The Members of Congress other than Foley who prey on pages are still not exposed, and the investigation as to how the Republicans covered up for Foley will not be released until after it’s too late for the American People to express an opinion on it on Election Day. Billions of taxpayer dollars are diverted to the President’s friends. The Middle Class falls farther behind. And across the country, corruptible voting machines are laid out for us to believe they accurately count the votes…
All in all, a typical week in Washington…
And it will remain that way until January 6, 2007, when the new Speaker Nancy Pelosi deals a mortal blow to corruption and wasteful spending in Washington. Imagine the dramatic changes that will occur if people work hard to elect Democrats one week from tomorrow….
My intended guest: Bob Fitrakis, Green Party candidate for Governor of Ohio, did not show today, but we had a great discussion on the Green Party, Bob Corker’s racist ads, Democratic strategy, and the continuing failure of the Government to help the suffering people on the Mississippi Gulf Coast more than one year after Katrina. (Thanks, Sarge from Mississippi!)
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way
- 11/1/2019 Virginia Election this Tuesday is Key to Trump Impeachment