What does this tell us about the economy and its future?
How does Wall Street work?
For whom, does it work?
Guest: Doug Henwood, Author of The New Economy, The Street, and The State of the USA Atlas. You can buy — or even download! — Doug’s books here.
Mark debates Republican Strategist Mike Lane on our indirect aid to Al Quaeda, Election 2008, and the Libby trial:
1) Al Quaeda: In a confusing, confounding, convoluted capitulation to terrorists, we now appear to be helping Sunni terrorists connected with Al Quaeda as a counterpart to Shiite Iran! Mark asks when will we learn that Shiites and Sunnis will kill each other without our blood and money?
2) In his first too-early look at Election 2008, Mark embarrasses himself by begging and pleading for Al Gore to run for President (with Vice Presidential nominee Barack Obama).
3) And, in the Libby trial, Republicans argue that perjury isn’t such a bad thing after all….
Mark Levine’s INSIDE SCOOP ON WASHINGTON is now heard on iTunes every weekday from 2 pm to 3 pm Eastern Time (1 pm Central, Noon Mountain, 11 am Pacific).
In addition, iTunes listeners can catch the show live Sunday and Monday evenings at the times posted on this website right here at marklevinetv.com.
If you are a new iTunes listener and wish to comment on THE INSIDE SCOOP, please let us know by posting here.
Former Federal Prosecutor Elizabeth de la Vega, Author of United States v. George W. Bush et al. makes the legal case for the criminal indictment of both George Bush and Dick Cheney.
While some talk about impeachment, de la Vega goes one step further and argues the President and Vice President were engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States of America. And as a former federal prosecutor, she is extremely adept at presenting the overwhelming evidence to a grand jury.
Today, you are the grand jury. Will you indict?
Would the trial jury convict beyond a reasonable doubt?
Don’t miss a very special INSIDE SCOOP!
Guest: Researcher Ty Brown, who hosts the Dream’s End Blog, has been studying this interesting possibility….
Ever since September 11, a few people — generally thought to be nut-cases — have been conflating real, extremely important questions about what happened on 9/11 with ridiculous bullshit like suggesting that explosives brought down the World Trade Center or that a plane never hit the Pentagon or that cell phone calls were never made from the Shanksville, PA flight. These outlandish theories then crowd out legitimate and serious question of Government failures at the very top, such as the Bush-Bin Laden relationship (including the President’s allowing Bin Laden family members to immediately leave the country), the failures of NORAD, the President’s and Vice President’s personal cowardice on September 11, 2001, their incompetent (at best) failures to heed the massive warnings that an attack like this would occur (coined as the “summer of threat” by terrorist czar Richard Clark), and their use of the terrorist attacks for their own partisan purposes.
- 4/25/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/18/2019 If This Is All Okay, Do We Owe Nixon an Apology?
- 4/11/2019 Lawlessness: Trump’s Essence
- 4/8/2019 Trump Immigration Policy Ironically Leads to Increase in Migrations [Fox & Friends]
- 4/4/2019 Trust and Fear
- 3/19/2019 Biden, Women: Lots of Good 2020 Dem Choices [Fox and Friends}
- 12/6/2018 Democracy in Peril
- 11/29/2018 Mueller’s Closing In
- 11/26/2018 How Low Can We Go?
- 11/20/2018 Trump Unhinged