Guests: Judie Brown, Co-Founder of the American Life League
and Jim Southworth, whose wife carried a terminally ill fetus to birth and who wishes that the intact D&X procedure (so-called “partial-birth abortion” by its opponents) had been used prior to birth to save his family the agony of giving birth to an infant with a genetic abnormality so severe that it would die within a week after birth.
If only the lies and political machinations of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales were unique to him…..
Surely he must go, but he is not the problem: he is the embodiment of the most deceitful and secret, Machiavellian and Orwellian Administration this country has ever known.
“My mind is still reeling as I feel compelled to read all the gory details:
– from the heroism of the Holocaust survivor who gave his life so that others may live
to the demons that plagued the mind of the mass murderer…
– from the terrifying details of the victims’ accounts
to the sad yet profoundly uplifting fortitude of the Hokie Community and the Virginia Governor…
– and, of course, the ultimate questions of how to prevent senseless violence from happening again:
more restrictive gun laws?
more sense of community?
better mental health care?
better sharing of information?
I don’t claim to have all, or even that many, answers, just a number of searing anguished questions.
Please join me today to discuss your thoughts and feelings on the Virginia Tech Massacre.”
— Mark Levine
[Live at 5 pm Eastern Time, 4 pm Central, 3 pm Mountain, and 2 pm Pacific]
Mark debates the news of the week with Republican Strategist Mike Lane:
Attorney General Gonzales testifies before the Senate Judiciary Committee on the political firing of U.S. proecutors.
The White House loses 5 million emails.
The Supreme Court declares a woman has less constitutional rights to her physical health and welfare than a fetus has to live.
More on Virginia Tech
The President wants a “war czar”
The horror at Virginia Tech raises profound questions over how much the Government should restrict access to guns.
Should the Government increase restrictions on gun ownership by the mentally ill?
Or should more Americans be allowed to carry guns on campus in order to stop a crazy mass murderer such as Cho Seung-Hui before he does more damage?
My guests are Phillip Van Cleave, President of the Virginia Citizens’ Defense League;
and Brian Siebel, Senior Attorney of the Legal Action Project at the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- 8/22/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 8/15/2019 The Pandemic of Gun Violence
- 8/8/2019 Another Gun Massacre: Just Another Day in the USA
- 8/1/2019 The CNN Democratic Debates, a Breakdown
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!