It’s the Oil Companies, Stupid!
And Mark has the proof
Special Guest: Tim Hamilton, Petroleum Industry Consultant and author of “Why Gasoline Prices are Headed for $3.50 at the Pump”
Originally aired May 1, 2006
Quicker Download (fast forward past first five minutes)
Guest: Former FBI Agent Michael German, who was fired for exposing the FBI fraud and incompetence that compromised a serious investigation into the new ties between white supremacist organizations and Islamic terrorists.
Agent German’s harrowing account illustrates the urgent need for the Whistleblower’s Protection Act.
Guest: Sandy Liddy Bourne, vice president for policy and strategy for The Heartland Institute
The INSIDE SCOOP on the Democratic capitulation to Bush on Iraq
In the high-stakes game of chicken, we blinked.
PLUS Monica Goodling’s testimony today before the House Judiciary Committee…
VIDEO of show / Audio Archive
It’s not just hundreds of billions of dollars. It’s hundreds of thousands of American men and women, millions of family members, tens of thousands of critically injured, and thousands of dead.
In a special Memorial Day tribute to our troops, Mark interviews Iraqi War Veteran John Bruhns, who served his country in Iraq and is now working to bring them home on the War, the various Congressional bills to end it or sustain it, and morale in the US military.
And Mark asks the ultimate question: how do the emotions of the war keep it going? When no one wants to die for a mistake, do you send more people to die just so you don’t have to admit you made a mistake? And doesn’t that compound the mistake?
Iraq had no WMDs, no Al Qaeda, and no “greeting as liberators”. Now it has hundreds of thousands of Iraqi dead, millions of Iraqi exiles, plenty of Al Qaeda, and no end in sight.
How do you tell people fighting for their lives–brave young men and women who are literally dying for their country–that their courageous sacrifice was a complete, ugly waste? And that the only ones who profitted were Dick Cheney, the oil companies, and the other CEOs and managers of Halliburton, KBR, and other military contractors.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult