Why the Economy Always Tanks Under Republican Rule . . .
A Primer on Fiscal and Monetary Policy
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
Mark discusses the primary season with Republican strategist Mike Lane on the Democrats
Meanwhile Mike Huckabee wants to amend the Constitution to meet “God’s standards”
To those who fear theocracy in America, I say, (badly) paraphrasing Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, “the fear, dear Brutus, is not in the Middle East but in ourselves.”
I’ve been holding a lot of conversations about politics.
Is it just me or do you also find it exasperating when someone simultaneously complains, “All Democrats and Republicans are the same” and “Why can’t people put partisanship aside and do what’s best for the country?”
When someone says “The Democrats don’t stand by their principles. They’re just like the Republicans.” And then says “why can’t the Dems compromise more and work with Republicans?”
When someone says, “The Democrats spend just as much as the Republicans and support earmarks” and then turns around and says “The Democrats haven’t accomplished anything.”
Today we discuss how much of the American electorate is taught to hold two contradictory ideas in their head simultaneously without realizing the contradiction.
- 5/28/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 5/21/2020 Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
- 5/14/2020 No Checks. No Balance
- 5/7/2020 Live and Let Die
- 4/30/2020 Do Trumpists Actually Believe Him?
- 4/23/2020 Trump’s Death Cult
- 4/16/2020 Total Authority; Zero Responsibility
- 4/9/2020 Vote and Die!
- 4/2/2020 On the Verge of Catastrophe
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead