Mountain Bombing, otherwise known as “mountaintop removal,” is how coal companies get coal today cheaply. They simply explode 58 Hirsohimas (that’s NOT an exaggeration) a year in the USA to blow mountains into bits and rain the explosives, earth, trees, and toxic bits down into the valleys below.
Wouldn’t it be cheaper, produce more energy, and more jobs, to put wind turbines on top of the West Virginian Mountains?
Guest: Rory McIlmoil of Coal River Mountain Watch at CoalRiverWind.org
Mark reports live from the “Green Jobs” Conference in Washington, DC.
Politics and the Stimulus Package
The Beneficial Demise of Tom Daschle
The Dirty Little Secret of RNC Chair Michael Steele (that I helped uncover)
Greedy CEOs and our Tax Dollars
German Pope Pressed By German Prime Minister to Firmly Denounce Holocaust
Serious Problems in Afghanistan
And… (believe it or not)… Some Hopeful News from the Middle East
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult