Whose suffering moves you most?
Animals? (Are you a vegetarian?)
People in your neighborhood, city, or nation?
People with inadequate health care?
People suffering genocide?
People who don’t deserve suffering?
People of your race, religion, or ethnicity?
The Washington Post:
Same-sex marriage foes vow court fight
The Washington Post a second time:
Cases against gay marriage don’t hold up
Same-sex union foes seek ballot initiative to define marriage
Debating gay marriage
Marriage referendum supporters pack BOE meeting
The Associated Press (several newspapers):
DC same-sex marriage language debated in hearing
In addition, you can read the briefs Mark wrote for the DC Board of Elections on behalf of the Gertrude Stein Democratic Club:
And his testimony before the DC City Council:
Dialogue: Swine Flu, Afghanistan, and the last fund drive for WPFW
- 9/18/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 9/10/2020 How Could Any Republican Still Support Donald Trump?
- 8/27/2020 Gaslighting: The Republican Dystopia
- 8/20/2020 Light and Darkness
- 8/13/2020 Trump’s Attempted Postal Coup
- 8/6/2020 “It Is What It Is”
- 7/30/2020 Origins of Trumpism Long Predate Donald Trump
- 7/23/2020 Dumb McCarthyism
- 7/16/2020 Why the Virus is Winning
- 7/9/2020 SCOTUS: “No President is Above the Law!”* (*except Trump: See footnote)