Whose suffering moves you most?
Animals? (Are you a vegetarian?)
People in your neighborhood, city, or nation?
People with inadequate health care?
People suffering genocide?
People who don’t deserve suffering?
People of your race, religion, or ethnicity?
The Washington Post:
Same-sex marriage foes vow court fight
The Washington Post a second time:
Cases against gay marriage don’t hold up
Same-sex union foes seek ballot initiative to define marriage
Debating gay marriage
Marriage referendum supporters pack BOE meeting
The Associated Press (several newspapers):
DC same-sex marriage language debated in hearing
In addition, you can read the briefs Mark wrote for the DC Board of Elections on behalf of the Gertrude Stein Democratic Club:
And his testimony before the DC City Council:
Dialogue: Swine Flu, Afghanistan, and the last fund drive for WPFW
- 8/22/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 8/15/2019 The Pandemic of Gun Violence
- 8/8/2019 Another Gun Massacre: Just Another Day in the USA
- 8/1/2019 The CNN Democratic Debates, a Breakdown
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!