On FOX News today, Ben Ferguson served up some astonishing bullshit. He actually said on air that Obama wanted to restrict the military vote in Ohio. Except, as he and everyone who has read this case knows, that was never an issue in the case!
Read the opinion the case.
Obama argued that all voters, military and non-military should have equal rights to participate in early voting. Republicans argued that SOME BUT NOT ALL military and overseas voters should be able to participate in early voting the weekend before election day. (Those that live in the (overwhelmingly white) counties would be able to vote. Those that live in heavily African-American Ohio counties would be prohibited from early voting, even if they were in the military.)
If the opinion is too long, just read a couple of articles from non-partisan sources about the case. Read them for yourself to determine who was telling the truth: Court Overturns Early Voting Restrictions in a Win for Democrats(Reuters); Ohio Early Voting Days Must Be Equal for All (Business Week)
In another Ohio case, Republicans argued that if a poll worker makes a mistake causing you to lose your right to vote, that you should lose your right to vote. Democrats argued that you should still be allowed to vote even if poll workers screwed up or intentionally tried to trash your vote. Democrats won. Judge blocks Ohio law that rejected 14,000 ballots in 2008 (LA Times).
Why do you think Republicans are so insistent on preventing their fellow citizens from voting? Ask Doug Preisse, chairman of the county Republican Party and elections board member who voted against weekend hours. As he said it in an email to the Columbus Dispatch.
“I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine”
Mitt Romney cynically believe he gets significant support from naive racist morons.
Luckily for him, it’s true.
- 4/2/2020 On the Verge of Catastrophe
- 4/9/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!