How many first graders will have to die because gun nuts are too lazy to reload at target practice?
Inside Scoop & We Act Radio Celebrate Their 80 Years of Public Service
Are money and media the mother’s milk of politics?
Two liberal legends of the United States Congress will answer this question and share their eight decades of collective wisdom at a holiday party/fundraiser for the Inside Scoop and We Act Radio at We Act Radio’s studio located at 1918 MLK Jr. Ave. SE, Washington, DC. We will have shuttle service from the nearby Anacostia Metro (Green line), and there is also parking available.
Congressman Barney Frank, Ranking Member of the House Financial Services Committee, newly married and retiring home to Massachusetts after 32 years of service in the United States Congress, is famous for his brilliance, caustic wit, and, above all, his dedication to progressive causes, including reining in Wall Street. Frank bravely faced prejudice as the first Member of Congress to choose to come out as gay and has overseen a sea-change in attitudes toward LGBT Americans.
Congressman John Conyers, Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee, Dean of the Congressional Black Caucus, renowned and respected 48-year veteran of Congress, continues to serve as a hero for unions and progressive causes like Medicare for All (universal health care). Conyers, the longest serving African-American in Congress and the third longest serving Member in the House or the Senate, was on Richard Nixon’s original “enemies list” and later voted for Nixon’s impeachment.
- 8/22/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 8/15/2019 The Pandemic of Gun Violence
- 8/8/2019 Another Gun Massacre: Just Another Day in the USA
- 8/1/2019 The CNN Democratic Debates, a Breakdown
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!