How many first graders will have to die because gun nuts are too lazy to reload at target practice?
Inside Scoop & We Act Radio Celebrate Their 80 Years of Public Service
Are money and media the mother’s milk of politics?
Two liberal legends of the United States Congress will answer this question and share their eight decades of collective wisdom at a holiday party/fundraiser for the Inside Scoop and We Act Radio at We Act Radio’s studio located at 1918 MLK Jr. Ave. SE, Washington, DC. We will have shuttle service from the nearby Anacostia Metro (Green line), and there is also parking available.
Congressman Barney Frank, Ranking Member of the House Financial Services Committee, newly married and retiring home to Massachusetts after 32 years of service in the United States Congress, is famous for his brilliance, caustic wit, and, above all, his dedication to progressive causes, including reining in Wall Street. Frank bravely faced prejudice as the first Member of Congress to choose to come out as gay and has overseen a sea-change in attitudes toward LGBT Americans.
Congressman John Conyers, Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee, Dean of the Congressional Black Caucus, renowned and respected 48-year veteran of Congress, continues to serve as a hero for unions and progressive causes like Medicare for All (universal health care). Conyers, the longest serving African-American in Congress and the third longest serving Member in the House or the Senate, was on Richard Nixon’s original “enemies list” and later voted for Nixon’s impeachment.
- 4/2/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way