DOMA is defeated.
California will again allow gay couples to marry.
It’s an incredible day.
But still unbelievable, when you realize how far we have come.
Huffington Post published my op-ed on the Vindication for the Fight for Marriage Equality
Today is the first session of the Inside Scoop to be heard syndicated nationwide as part of the Leslie Marshall show.
Perhaps the greatest single piece of legislation in American history, the Voting Rights Act of 1965, was declared unconstitutional today by a one-vote margin in the Supreme Court. The Voting Rights Act singlehandedly ended Jim Crow in America and ensured that finally, 100 years after the Civil War, African-Americans would have the same opportunity to vote as whites, just as the Fifteenth Amendment to the Constitution passed right after the Civil War guaranteed. The Supreme Court left African Americans with the opportunity to sue only after a racist election occurs and not in advance to stop things like literacy tests and white primaries…or required identification cards only provided to citizens who live in white areas of the State.
The five right-wing Justices ensured that Southern States — and other racist jurisdictions — can now disenfranchise African Americans with impunity all over again. They did this despite the fact that Congress expressly found that racism and intentional racist voting laws continue to exist, including in the very county in Alabama that sued for the right to discriminate against Blacks.
Racists won the right to reinstate Jim Crow today. And Martin Luther King Jr. is turning over in his grave.
- 12/5/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way
- 11/1/2019 Virginia Election this Tuesday is Key to Trump Impeachment
- 10/24/2019 Republicans Flailing As Impeachment Around the Corner
- 10/17/2019 America for Sale!
- 10/10/2019 Walls Closing in Around Trump
- 10/18/2019 Debate on Impeachment