Yes, we tortured.
No, no American policy-makers intentionally let Americans die in Benghazi.
RELEASE THE CONGRESSIONAL REPORTS!
What is about the Republicans that makes them fear truth so much?
Click here to listen live.
Call in at 888-488-MARK or 888-653-7543.
In Ferguson, you could at least argue there were contradictory witnesses.
But the video of the police killing Eric Garner in NYC is just stunning. There’s no excuse. The man was absolutely non-violent. He didn’t want to be arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes. But surely the police could have found a way to arrest him without killing him. I would think a threat to tase him — without even needing to tase him — would have caused him to put his hands behind his back. And was an arrest even necessary?
Couldn’t the police have just issued a summons (like they do when you get a speeding ticket) and let him argue his case before a judge? Killed for selling untaxed cigarettes???
“I can’t breathe,” Eric Garner said. And the video took my breath away. Watch the video. The police officer who killed Garner has to be prosecuted.
Listen on 89.3 FM in Metro DC/NoVA/Baltimore area
Or listen live to the stream by clicking here
Call in at 202-588-0893
To all those who wish to protest police violence and injustice in Ferguson and nationwide:
There are smart effective ways to protest.
And less effective ways…
I know. I’ve organized more of them than I can count and participated in many more.
An effective protest has specific goals.
And means to those ends.
The goal should not be to block traffic.
The goal should be to engender a dialogue, make clear that this issue is far bigger than Michael Brown, and to advocate for specific concrete remedies (like cameras on police officers and discipline for renegade public officials).
This elevates the debate from a “he-said/he-dead” argument into a general plea to allow unarmed black men to be able to live peacefully in our cities…and to transform law enforcement from an enemy occupying force into necessary allies and public servants.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult