I explain why this week begins the phase in American history where you will no longer hear the argument that you shouldn’t serve someone just because their gay. (Even Walmart has pressured the Arkansas Governor to not pass a law that discriminates against gays and lesbians, similar to the recent Indiana law that is receiving intense criticism ).
I also note how the battles in Indiana and Arkansas also shows Americans that there are no civil rights protections for gays and lesbians in a majority of U.S. states.
I also argue that President Obama should do a better job of keeping the Republicans abreast of the negotiations with Iran, because imagine if the tables were turned and it were a Republican President and a Democratic controlled Congress.
Additionally, I address the news that Israel spied on the Iran negotiations and reported their findings to the Republicans in Congress.
Lastly, I argue the contents of a nuclear deal with Iran are just as important as whether a deal gets done at all.
I explain why Governor Mike Pence’s 2015 “Indiana SB 101” law is different from President Bill Clinton’s 1993 “Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”
I explain all the complicated groups fighting each other in the Middle East.
Then I was joined by guest Brad Bannon and callers to discuss Indiana’s new Anti-Gay ‘Religious Freedom’ bill just signed into law by Republican Governor Mike Pence.
In the third hour, I was joined by Bob Deans. Bob is the director of editorial content at NRDC.
We talked about how Congressional Republicans are attempting to kill the EPA’s “Clean Power Plan.”
Today we discuss the Germanwings co-pilot who crashed the plane after locking the pilot out of the cockpit when he went to the bathroom.
I was joined by Craig Holman in the second hour, who serves as Public Citizen’s Capitol Hill lobbyist on ethics, lobbying and campaign finance rules. We discussed the possibility of President Obama issuing an executive order requiring full disclosure of political spending by corporations receiving federal contracts, as well as by their directors and officers.
I also discussed the violent arrest of Martese Johnson, a black University of Virginia student, by state liquor agents that left him bloodied and needing 10 stitches in his head.
Finally, I spoke with Jessica Taylor, the Campaign Editor for The Hill. We discussed the Religious Right voters and how Republican Presidential candidates will try to court them for 2016.
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way
- 11/1/2019 Virginia Election this Tuesday is Key to Trump Impeachment