I explain why this week begins the phase in American history where you will no longer hear the argument that you shouldn’t serve someone just because their gay. (Even Walmart has pressured the Arkansas Governor to not pass a law that discriminates against gays and lesbians, similar to the recent Indiana law that is receiving intense criticism ).
I also note how the battles in Indiana and Arkansas also shows Americans that there are no civil rights protections for gays and lesbians in a majority of U.S. states.
I also argue that President Obama should do a better job of keeping the Republicans abreast of the negotiations with Iran, because imagine if the tables were turned and it were a Republican President and a Democratic controlled Congress.
Additionally, I address the news that Israel spied on the Iran negotiations and reported their findings to the Republicans in Congress.
Lastly, I argue the contents of a nuclear deal with Iran are just as important as whether a deal gets done at all.
I explain why Governor Mike Pence’s 2015 “Indiana SB 101” law is different from President Bill Clinton’s 1993 “Religious Freedom Restoration Act.”
I explain all the complicated groups fighting each other in the Middle East.
Then I was joined by guest Brad Bannon and callers to discuss Indiana’s new Anti-Gay ‘Religious Freedom’ bill just signed into law by Republican Governor Mike Pence.
In the third hour, I was joined by Bob Deans. Bob is the director of editorial content at NRDC.
We talked about how Congressional Republicans are attempting to kill the EPA’s “Clean Power Plan.”
Today we discuss the Germanwings co-pilot who crashed the plane after locking the pilot out of the cockpit when he went to the bathroom.
I was joined by Craig Holman in the second hour, who serves as Public Citizen’s Capitol Hill lobbyist on ethics, lobbying and campaign finance rules. We discussed the possibility of President Obama issuing an executive order requiring full disclosure of political spending by corporations receiving federal contracts, as well as by their directors and officers.
I also discussed the violent arrest of Martese Johnson, a black University of Virginia student, by state liquor agents that left him bloodied and needing 10 stitches in his head.
Finally, I spoke with Jessica Taylor, the Campaign Editor for The Hill. We discussed the Religious Right voters and how Republican Presidential candidates will try to court them for 2016.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult