I speak with my guest Mike Lane, President of Intelliface Strategies, about the recent decision by John Boehner to step down as Speaker of the House.
Mike is a Republican strategist, so things get interesting in this long discussion. We disagree on many topics.
We also touch upon Pope Francis’ visit which has now taken him to NYC.
I talk about Pope Francis’ speech that he gave before a joint session of Congress this morning. No surprise, Pope Francis touched upon America’s most polarizing of issues including climate change, abortion, guns, and same-sex marriage.
I play the audio from all the major points of his 50-minute speech.
On the day Pope Francis arrives in the US for the first time, I reflect on the role religion plays in politics. I also discuss the way religion has played a part in representatives decisions while keeping in mind the separation between church and state. Many are looking forward to the speech Pope Francis will be giving in front of a joint session of Congress this week.
Should stores separate children’s toys into girls’ and boys’ sections? Hell no!
Way to go, Target!
- 7/19/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No