I speak with my guest Mike Lane, President of Intelliface Strategies, about the recent decision by John Boehner to step down as Speaker of the House.
Mike is a Republican strategist, so things get interesting in this long discussion. We disagree on many topics.
We also touch upon Pope Francis’ visit which has now taken him to NYC.
I talk about Pope Francis’ speech that he gave before a joint session of Congress this morning. No surprise, Pope Francis touched upon America’s most polarizing of issues including climate change, abortion, guns, and same-sex marriage.
I play the audio from all the major points of his 50-minute speech.
On the day Pope Francis arrives in the US for the first time, I reflect on the role religion plays in politics. I also discuss the way religion has played a part in representatives decisions while keeping in mind the separation between church and state. Many are looking forward to the speech Pope Francis will be giving in front of a joint session of Congress this week.
Should stores separate children’s toys into girls’ and boys’ sections? Hell no!
Way to go, Target!
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult