I explain why I’m not buying the current polls showing Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton neck and neck.
I also give my thoughts on why the Libertarian ticket in 2016, composed of two former Governors in Gary Johnson and Bill Weld, will garner more of the vote than it has in recent presidential elections.
Why are so many Southern and rural white men building arsenals in their basements?
Why are so many Southern and rural white men so afraid of blacks, gays, women, immigrants, culture, education, and science…and therefore support the Fascism of Donald Trump? Why are they trying to foment a race war? So many of them remind me of the Germans of the 1930’s. Hurting economically, ready to lash out, and blaming everyone but themselves.
Indeed they do cling to their guns and their bibles. I like the Bible (most of it at least), and I respect trained self-defense. I support the military and the police when they act lawfully. But those preparing for the up-coming race war with their arsenal, bunkers, and tinfoil hats are indeed armed and dangerous.
Yes, today’s paranoid gun nuts (still, thank God, a minority of gun owners) are extremely dangerous. They blame Democrats for Trump. They blame Israel for Hitler. They blame gay people for Matthew Shepard. They blame blacks for racism. They blame immigrants for corporate outsourcing. They blame anyone and everyone without ever looking in the mirror. Or realizing that they look and sound ridiculous. Ridiculous and pathetic but still dangerous. A lot like the KKK.
Boy, a heckuva lot of Southern and rural white men sure love bullying, violence, and war. I know. I grew up in Tennessee.
Maybe the better example is not Germany in the 1930’s but the South in the 1860’s.
I explain why I am endorsing Hillary Clinton for President, including the story of when I worked with her during her time as Senator of New York.
I’m joined by callers as a discuss the future of the Supreme Court with the vacancy left by Justice Antonin Scalia passing away. I also discuss the Koch brothers and other wealthy donors paying to have George Mason University, a public university, named after Antonin Scalia.
I’m joined by Sarah McBride, the Campaigns and Communications Manager for LGBT Progress at the Center for American Progress.
Sarah gives an extremely candid interview as to what it’s like to be a Transgendered person. When she first knew at four years old, when she told her parents at the age of 21, and much in between. She also takes a question from a caller on bathroom use. It was a very fascinating and very human interview.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult