Trump is succeeding far too much at corruption, and is slowly draining the energy out of those of us trying to battle him to uphold the rule of law.
There are plenty of high-level recent examples, like Trump firing multiple Inspector Generals (on Friday nights), Attorney General Bill Barr forcing out U.S. Attorney for SDNY, Geoffrey Berman (and replacing him with a Trump toadie), and the DOJ interfering in the Michael Flynn and Roger Stone cases.
What Michael Flynn did (TREASON) is actually not as dangerous as the precedent being set by the DOJ by letting Flynn off scott-free after he pled guilty TWICE to lying to the FBI.
We also have the problem created by Trump and Mitch McConnell stacking the court of appeals with young ‘Trumpists’ who don’t care about the rule of law.
But I don’t just analyze the problems, I suggest some solutions that America can use to fight back. Which we MUST do! Or this November could truly be the last real election this country ever has.
The Law Still Matters: Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decisions Take a Stand Against Trumpism.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 went hand in hand. The Supreme Court gutting the Voting Rights Act in 2013 has led to unrelenting voter suppression of minorities, which we saw on full display this past Tuesday in Georgia.
Americans have become wise to the issue of systemic racism though, and lawless Republicans like Trump claiming “Law and Order!,” and defending Confederate monuments, are no longer viewed as Patriotic. (and rightfully so)
The President of the United States Just Declared War on the People of The United States…and he’s already losing.
Today’s discussion involves President Trump ordering peaceful protesters in Washington D.C. to be tear gassed so that he could have a photo-op to help soothe his insecurity about being known as ‘bunker boy.’
- 6/25/2020 The Swamp Is Draining Us
- 6/18/2020 The Law Still Matters
- 6/11/2020 Sorry, Conservatives. Sadistic Lawless Racism Just Ain’t Considered “Patriotic” Anymore
- 6/4/2020 The President Just Declared War on the People of The United States
- 5/28/2020 Selfishness or Compassion
- 5/21/2020 Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
- 5/14/2020 No Checks. No Balance
- 5/7/2020 Live and Let Die
- 4/30/2020 Do Trumpists Actually Believe Him?
- 4/23/2020 Trump’s Death Cult