The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 went hand in hand. The Supreme Court gutting the Voting Rights Act in 2013 has led to unrelenting voter suppression of minorities, which we saw on full display this past Tuesday in Georgia.
Americans have become wise to the issue of systemic racism though, and lawless Republicans like Trump claiming “Law and Order!,” and defending Confederate monuments, are no longer viewed as Patriotic. (and rightfully so)
The President of the United States Just Declared War on the People of The United States…and he’s already losing.
Today’s discussion involves President Trump ordering peaceful protesters in Washington D.C. to be tear gassed so that he could have a photo-op to help soothe his insecurity about being known as ‘bunker boy.’
I follow up on last week’s episode, which explored the question of how we are to pay respect to the more than 100,000 innocent Americans killed — and 330,000 worldwide dead — in just the last two months due to a largely preventable cause (COVID-19).
During this episode, I make the argument that it’s not a question of religious vs. secular; it’s a question of compassion vs. selfishness.
Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
How are we to pay respect to the more than 100,000 innocent Americans killed — and 330,000 worldwide dead — in just the last two months due to a largely preventable cause?
What is the philosophical answer? The religious answer? Let’s face it head on and explore the emotional dimensions and depth of this almost unthinkable tragedy occurring now all around us.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult