A cozy relationship
Have you heard of the religious cult leader Rev. Sun Myung Moon?
Maybe you’ve heard about his coercive attempts in the 1970’s to indoctrinate college students, separate them from their families, hold them against their will, and brainwash them into “Moonies” handing out flowers on street corners…
Do we need a third war right now?
While our troops occupy Afghanistan and Iraq — the first war mandatory and the second war voluntary — a quieter voluntary war goes on at home: the war against drugs.
The war against drugs may well cost more money and lives than the war in Afghanistan, except it’s a war by Americans against Americans.
The Filibuster of Bush Judges: Is it Justified?
This week, Miguel Estrada removed his name from contention as a Bush nominee to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals because 45 Democrats blocked his nomination from coming up for a vote. He is the third Bush nominee to be refused a vote. In contrast, the Republicans refused to allow more than 60 Clinton nominees to have a vote in the Senate on their nomination.
- 8/22/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 8/15/2019 The Pandemic of Gun Violence
- 8/8/2019 Another Gun Massacre: Just Another Day in the USA
- 8/1/2019 The CNN Democratic Debates, a Breakdown
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!