October 26, 2003
Congressman Barr Regrets Vote on PATRIOT Act:
“In Retrospect,” He Praises Democratic Attempt to Limit Law to Terrorist Crimes
Bob Barr said today that his vote in favor of the PATRIOT Act was a mistake. The conservative former Georgia Republican Congressman, who pressed for the impeachment of President Clinton even before the Lewinsky Scandal, said on a Washington DC radio talk show that he regretted his vote in favor of the PATRIOT Act.
Are We Less Free? Civil Liberties on the Second Anniversary of the PATRIOT Act
Guest: Republican Congressman Bob Barr
Exactly two years ago — on October 26, 2001 — the President signed into law the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act, known by its carefully-designed acronym as the USA-PATRIOT Act.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult