Are We Less Free? Civil Liberties on the Second Anniversary of the PATRIOT Act
Guest: Republican Congressman Bob Barr
Exactly two years ago — on October 26, 2001 — the President signed into law the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act, known by its carefully-designed acronym as the USA-PATRIOT Act.
October 26, 2003
Congressman Barr Regrets Vote on PATRIOT Act:
“In Retrospect,” He Praises Democratic Attempt to Limit Law to Terrorist Crimes
Bob Barr said today that his vote in favor of the PATRIOT Act was a mistake. The conservative former Georgia Republican Congressman, who pressed for the impeachment of President Clinton even before the Lewinsky Scandal, said on a Washington DC radio talk show that he regretted his vote in favor of the PATRIOT Act.
- 12/19/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way
- 11/1/2019 Virginia Election this Tuesday is Key to Trump Impeachment
- 10/24/2019 Republicans Flailing As Impeachment Around the Corner
- 10/17/2019 America for Sale!