Leaving Children Behind
Special Guest: D.C. Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton
In his campaign, Govenor Bush promised to be a different sort of Republican on Education. Like his father — who promised to be the “Education President” but did little to improve it — G.W. Bush promised to “leave no child left behind.”
Congress took President Bush at his word, and a bipartisan majority approved his “No Child Left Behind Act” which was supposed to increase the accountability of schools via frequent national testing AND increase the funds going to our public schools.
What is the economic impact? What should be done about it?
There are estimates of eight million undocumented immigrants in the United States, most of them from Mexico. Many of them take the worst jobs that Americans donâ€™t want. They are often paid substandard wages and work in substandard conditions.
Employers hire them â€“ and not US citizens â€“ precisely because they will work under such appalling conditions.
The Prescription Drug Bill: Aid to Seniors or a Threat to Medicare?
On Monday December 8, President Bush signed into law a bill providing the most sweeping changes to the nation’s health care system since Medicare’s creation in 1965. The bill would provide billions in prescription drug benefits to some senior citizens. It also would provide billions of dollars in corporate welfare to a wide variety of corporate health-care providers to help them compete with the government in providing Medicare. Unlike the private companies, however, Medicare would be prohibited from negotiating lower drug rates for seniors under its care thus ensuring that it cannot compete in the free market with the private companies.
- 4/2/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way