On four big decisions last week, the Supreme Court struck down four laws as unconstitutional by a 5-4 decision, with 8 judges consistently lined up on the “liberal” side and four on the “conservative” side.
When it came to millionaires, gun owners, and extremely wealthy corporations, Kennedy sided with the conservatives.
But when it came to prisoners seeking habeas corpus or death penalty relief, Kennedy sided with the liberals.
The next President will decide whether the Supreme Court will uphold the rule of law or abolish it in favor of the rich and powerful.
– The Justice Department’s inspector general exposes the Bush Administration’s plot to turn the criminal justice system into its own political fiefdom
– The Supreme Court decision on the death penalty for child rapists
– And why the McCain Campaign wants terrorists to attack the USA
Guest: Michelle Richardson, Legislative Consultant for the American Civil Liberties Union
PLUS the Bush contempt judge urges Congress to jail Harriet Miers (fancy that!), something I have urged a cowardly Congress to do for almost a year now!
Mark debates Republican Strategist Mike Lane on:
1) Off-shore Oil Drilling – the McCain Flip Flop
2) New Scientific Study on Gay/Straight Brain Differences
3) Public Financing – the Obama Flip Flop
4) The new Intelligence Surveillance Bill and the Supreme Court Decision on Habeas Corpus for Guantanamo Bay Detainees
And a word in praise of Tim Russert
- 10/17/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 10/10/2019 Walls Closing in Around Trump
- 10/3/2019 Why Trump is FINALLY in Trouble
- 9/26/2019 IMPEACH
- 9/19/2019 TREASON
- 9/12/2019 With Deception and Lies, the GOP Shut Down Democracy in North Carolina
- 9/5/2019 How to Remember History
- 8/29/2019 Fire in the Amazon
- 8/26/2019 Which is Worse? Biden’s Gaffes or Trump’s Racism?
- 8/22/2019 How Trump Will Ruin the Economy for the Next Decade