Race, Racism, and Racialism
Can we ever get “beyond race”?
When is it appropriate to talk about race?
When is it not appropriate?
What should we do when people of our own ethnic group talk about other ethnic groups?
Is it always wrong?
How do you feel when you’re in a cultural milieu that is not your own?
What do whites say in private when no blacks are in the room?
What do blacks say in private when no whites are in the room?
And what about other differences, racial, ethnic, religious and otherwise?
Latino and Asian?
Native-Born American and Foreign-Born?
Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist?
How do our differences define who we are?
How can we better understand those different from ourselves?
Are we — be honest here — more comfortable with people similar to ourselves?
(As usual, we’ll need at least ten to twenty hours to do the topic justice. But we only have one.)
Republicans and their allies on Wall Street — the very people that brought you the Bush Recession — are now opposing regulation to prevent another Bush Depression. No one should be surprised.
Mark was on The Leslie Marshall Show tonight to discuss this, but due to technical audio issues, they were not able to provide an archive. 🙁
How has Obama done?
What more needs to be done?
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on a long list of topics:
TARP for Jobs/New Stimulus
Reforming the Federal Reserve
Copenhagen/Global Warming/Email Controversy
Sarah Palin — Closet Canadian
Catholic Church’s denial of communion to pro-choice politicians
and even, sadly yes, the Salahis and Tiger Woods
- 4/2/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 12/23/2019 Fox News Refuses Impeachment Debate; Insists Dems Discuss AOC & Bernie Instead
- 12/23/2019 Will Impeachment Change Anything?
- 12/19/2019 GOP Chooses Trump Over Truth
- 12/12/2019 Impeachment Debate: What is the GOP Thinking?
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment: Democrats = Uncontested Facts; Republicans = Our Voters are Idiots
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way