Race, Racism, and Racialism
Can we ever get “beyond race”?
When is it appropriate to talk about race?
When is it not appropriate?
What should we do when people of our own ethnic group talk about other ethnic groups?
Is it always wrong?
How do you feel when you’re in a cultural milieu that is not your own?
What do whites say in private when no blacks are in the room?
What do blacks say in private when no whites are in the room?
And what about other differences, racial, ethnic, religious and otherwise?
Latino and Asian?
Native-Born American and Foreign-Born?
Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist?
How do our differences define who we are?
How can we better understand those different from ourselves?
Are we — be honest here — more comfortable with people similar to ourselves?
(As usual, we’ll need at least ten to twenty hours to do the topic justice. But we only have one.)
Republicans and their allies on Wall Street — the very people that brought you the Bush Recession — are now opposing regulation to prevent another Bush Depression. No one should be surprised.
Mark was on The Leslie Marshall Show tonight to discuss this, but due to technical audio issues, they were not able to provide an archive. 🙁
How has Obama done?
What more needs to be done?
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on a long list of topics:
TARP for Jobs/New Stimulus
Reforming the Federal Reserve
Copenhagen/Global Warming/Email Controversy
Sarah Palin — Closet Canadian
Catholic Church’s denial of communion to pro-choice politicians
and even, sadly yes, the Salahis and Tiger Woods
- 7/19/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No