I analyze whether Trump supporters actually believe his lies, and if not, why they still support him.
Watch this episode here on Twitter/Periscope
Patrick Henry said “Give me liberty or give me death.” Donald Trump’s COVID-19 death cult chooses both. I explain during today’s show.
Watch this episode here
During today’s episode, I discuss how President Trump has flip-flopped between saying that America’s Governors are responsible for taking care of their states in the fight against COVID-19, to stating that he has total authority in making decisions for all 50 states during the pandemic.
This has been on full display during the past month. First, Trump told Governors during a conference call that they are largely on their own in stocking up on gear such as respirators and ventilators to fight the novel coronavirus. “Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment—try getting it yourselves,” the president said. “We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.” The president’s remarks came amid growing fears of a national shortage of ventilators.
Yet on Monday, after Governors on both coasts announced regional plans for reopening their states, Trump asserted “total authority” over decisions about when and how to emerge after coronavirus shutdowns. “When somebody’s president of the United States, the authority is total,” Trump said.
Then finally, today, Trump completed his reversal, telling Governors “you are going to call your own shots,” as his administration distributed new guidelines meant to help states loosen their social distancing restrictions.
Trump also stumbled greatly when trying to evade blame for ‘wasting’ the month of February in responding to COVID-19, during a now famous exchange with CBS News Reporter Paula Reid.
You can also watch this episode here on Twitter/Periscope.
During today’s episode, I discuss how Republican judges in Wisconsin, and on the Supreme Court, forced Americans to choose between their right to vote, and their right to live, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Meanwhile, 15,000 American lives were lost last week….completely unnecessarily.
And Trump committed another Saturday Night Massacre. Few noticed.
Just another day in Trumpland.
During my first show of 2020, I discuss the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes how we as a country got to the terrible situation we’re in now, how South Korea did such a better job preventing the spread of COVID-19 compared to the U.S. (despite finding out about it on the same day), and where I think we’re heading.
I also share audio of how significantly President Trump downplayed the threat of COVID-19 for months.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult