Why Ohio Does NOT Want Everyone to Vote on an Equal Basis [FOX]August 31, 2012
On FOX News today, Ben Ferguson served up some astonishing bullshit. He actually said on air that Obama wanted to restrict the military vote in Ohio. Except, as he and everyone who has read this case knows, that was never an issue in the case!
Read the opinion the case.
Obama argued that all voters, military and non-military should have equal rights to participate in early voting. Republicans argued that SOME BUT NOT ALL military and overseas voters should be able to participate in early voting the weekend before election day. (Those that live in the (overwhelmingly white) counties would be able to vote. Those that live in heavily African-American Ohio counties would be prohibited from early voting, even if they were in the military.)
If the opinion is too long, just read a couple of articles from non-partisan sources about the case. Read them for yourself to determine who was telling the truth: Court Overturns Early Voting Restrictions in a Win for Democrats(Reuters); Ohio Early Voting Days Must Be Equal for All (Business Week)
In another Ohio case, Republicans argued that if a poll worker makes a mistake causing you to lose your right to vote, that you should lose your right to vote. Democrats argued that you should still be allowed to vote even if poll workers screwed up or intentionally tried to trash your vote. Democrats won. Judge blocks Ohio law that rejected 14,000 ballots in 2008 (LA Times).
Why do you think Republicans are so insistent on preventing their fellow citizens from voting? Ask Doug Preisse, chairman of the county Republican Party and elections board member who voted against weekend hours. As he said it in an email to the Columbus Dispatch.
“I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine”
“Legitimate Rape” and Birtherism [News Channel 8]August 31, 2012
Romney Plays the Race Card [LM]August 29, 2012
Mitt Romney cynically believe he gets significant support from naive racist morons.
Luckily for him, it’s true.
"Legitimate Rape" and the Republican Party Platform [RC]August 27, 2012
The Inside ScoopAugust 23, 2012
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult