Every week, 60-80 people are murdered in Venezuela. Fewer than 7% of these murders are even tried in the courts. 97% of these murders go unpunished.
Guest: Venezuelan human rights lawyer Gonzalo Himiob
The scandal at the Washington Post simply sheds light on what has been de rigueur in Washington for a long time:Ã‚Â paying large sums of money for the opportunity to influence politicians.Ã‚Â But the Post compounded the legalized bribery so common in Washington with allowing cash to buy access to journalists as well!
Nice touch for a dying industry!
How much do you think the devil will pay to buy journalism’s soul?
- 6/4/2020 Radio Inside Scoop
- 5/28/2020 Selfishness or Compassion
- 5/21/2020 Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
- 5/14/2020 No Checks. No Balance
- 5/7/2020 Live and Let Die
- 4/30/2020 Do Trumpists Actually Believe Him?
- 4/23/2020 Trump’s Death Cult
- 4/16/2020 Total Authority; Zero Responsibility
- 4/9/2020 Vote and Die!
- 4/2/2020 On the Verge of Catastrophe