I didn’t write this, but I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Thank you, Karen.
I’m going to discuss this when I guest-host the Leslie Marshall Show tonight at 7 pm ET.
(I’ll be hosting Thursday and Friday at 7 pm ET as well.)
I have a very, very conservative brother. (Actually–full disclosure–I have two. And a father. I don’t know what is wrong with the men in my family.) 🙂 The brother in question owns his own business down in Florida, and my son, in his mid-twenties, has been having difficulties finding a job (like everyone). I had never asked before, but I decided to impose upon my brother to see if he might be able to help, though I doubted if, in today’s economy, he would.
In his response (negative, of course), he took the opportunity to make some pretty blunt statements about “the mess that your president has made of the countryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s economics.” He went on to say,
I only wish that someone in the administration at sometime had enrolled in a college course of Economics 101Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ Apparently, they all studied Ã¢â‚¬Å“Greek EconomicsÃ¢â‚¬Â insteadÃ¢â‚¬Â¦
He closed by inviting me to “vote conservative please” in the midterms. I do not usually engage any of these men in political discussions because it is usually the verbal equivalent of repeatedly hitting my head into a granite wall, but this time I just couldn’t help it. Follow me below the fold to see my response.
Guest: Frank Kameney
My guest, legendary gay-rights activist Frank Kameny, fought anti-gay-discrimination case in the 1950’s all the way to the United States Supreme Court–at at time when being gay was still considered a disease. He also organized the very first American gay-rights march at the White House. His original picket signs are currently displayed at the Smithsonian.
Don’t miss this chance to hear from perhaps the last living Founder of the gay-rights movement.
- 12/10/2019 Impeachment
- 11/26/2019 All Trumpists are Putin’s Puppets Now
- 11/21/2019 Guilty! Indisputable Evidence of Presidential Corruption Leaves Trump Defenders Astonished and Sputtering
- 11/14/2019 Impeachment Begins!
- 11/7/2019 Virginia and Kentucky Pave the Way
- 11/1/2019 Virginia Election this Tuesday is Key to Trump Impeachment
- 10/24/2019 Republicans Flailing As Impeachment Around the Corner
- 10/17/2019 America for Sale!
- 10/10/2019 Walls Closing in Around Trump
- 10/18/2019 Debate on Impeachment