I’m ready to accept a tax break for all taxpayers earning under $1 million” at least temporarily if it’s revenue neutral and paid as we go. Since this change raises the national debt by a little less than $300 billion or so (though still way less than the $700 billion that would be increased if the millionaires’ tax cut had happened), we need to raise the other $300 billion somehow.
1) extend the Obama and Bush tax cuts for people earning under $250,000 permanently.
2) extend the Bush tax cuts for people making $250,000 to $1 million for three years temporarily. Cutting off the last seven years saves about $200 million.
3). Instead of raising the millionaire tax rate 3% to the old Clinton rate, raise it to 4% or 1% above the Clinton rate. This will raise more than $100 billion. And we can use the additional $40 billion or so to reduce the deficit.
I announce the plan on the Willis Report:
Mark Hosts the Leslie Marshall Show
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult