I’m ready to accept a tax break for all taxpayers earning under $1 million” at least temporarily if it’s revenue neutral and paid as we go. Since this change raises the national debt by a little less than $300 billion or so (though still way less than the $700 billion that would be increased if the millionaires’ tax cut had happened), we need to raise the other $300 billion somehow.
1) extend the Obama and Bush tax cuts for people earning under $250,000 permanently.
2) extend the Bush tax cuts for people making $250,000 to $1 million for three years temporarily. Cutting off the last seven years saves about $200 million.
3). Instead of raising the millionaire tax rate 3% to the old Clinton rate, raise it to 4% or 1% above the Clinton rate. This will raise more than $100 billion. And we can use the additional $40 billion or so to reduce the deficit.
I announce the plan on the Willis Report:
Mark Hosts the Leslie Marshall Show
- 4/25/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/18/2019 If This Is All Okay, Do We Owe Nixon an Apology?
- 4/11/2019 Lawlessness: Trump’s Essence
- 4/8/2019 Trump Immigration Policy Ironically Leads to Increase in Migrations [Fox & Friends]
- 4/4/2019 Trust and Fear
- 3/19/2019 Biden, Women: Lots of Good 2020 Dem Choices [Fox and Friends}
- 12/6/2018 Democracy in Peril
- 11/29/2018 Mueller’s Closing In
- 11/26/2018 How Low Can We Go?
- 11/20/2018 Trump Unhinged