I’m ready to accept a tax break for all taxpayers earning under $1 million” at least temporarily if it’s revenue neutral and paid as we go. Since this change raises the national debt by a little less than $300 billion or so (though still way less than the $700 billion that would be increased if the millionaires’ tax cut had happened), we need to raise the other $300 billion somehow.
1) extend the Obama and Bush tax cuts for people earning under $250,000 permanently.
2) extend the Bush tax cuts for people making $250,000 to $1 million for three years temporarily. Cutting off the last seven years saves about $200 million.
3). Instead of raising the millionaire tax rate 3% to the old Clinton rate, raise it to 4% or 1% above the Clinton rate. This will raise more than $100 billion. And we can use the additional $40 billion or so to reduce the deficit.
I announce the plan on the Willis Report:
Mark Hosts the Leslie Marshall Show
- 6/20/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No
- 5/13/2019 Fox and Friends Takes Gates Interview Out of Context
- 5/9/2019 Contempt for Democracy
- 5/2/2019 Mueller Strikes Back
- 4/29/2019 Is Trumponomics Working? (Fox & Friends)