Is the Arab Spring becoming an Arab Nightmare?
What should the United States do about the violence in Egypt, Syria, and the rest of the Middle East?
Josh Lockman, Professor of International Law at USC
Dr. Ghada Talhami, Professor Emeritus of Politics at Lake Forest College and Author of The Mobilization of Muslim Women in Egypt
Captain Terron Sims, II, Ex-Marine and Author of With Honor in Hand
Captain Jonathan Freeman, Ex-Army, Former USAID and Deputy White House Liaison
Dr. Joshua Walker, Former Senior Advisor, Office of the Secretary of State
All of my distinguished guests tonight except Dr. Talhami are from the Truman National Security Project.
Whether it’s NSA spying or Stop and Frisk, it’s time to review the basic principles of the Fourth Amendment. Because people in the Government who do these things are lying to us and innocent people are getting hurt. Whether it’s hated men like Edward Snowden or Pedro Serrano, ask yourself who are the real heroes here.
Guest: Jennifer Hoelzer, former Deputy Chief of Staff to Senator Ron Wyden (D-Oregon), perhaps the foremost critic of the NSA spying program. Don’t miss her insider account of the Administration’s response to the leaks about surveillance!
On Stop and Frisk, don’t miss the Nation’s exposé featuring secretly-taped recordings of a young teenager stop and frisked and officers talking about being forced to do 250s (the code section for stop and frisk) even when they feel it’s unnecessary harassment. You can watch it below:
- 7/19/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No