The indictment of six Baltimore Police Officers in the homicide of Freddie Gray is both timely and necessary. Marilyn Mosby, the State Attorney for Baltimore City, made the right decision. We also now know that Freddie Gray was not carrying a knife when he was arrested, which had previously been reported.
I discuss Toya Graham, the Baltimore Mom who found her son throwing rocks with the rioters and smacked him upside the head, plus made him take his mask off. I agree with her actions, and feel the rioters hurt the cause of the peaceful protestors who were trying to draw attention to the injustice of Freddie Gray’s death. I take many calls in the hour, including some who vehemently disagree with me about the riots.
I discuss why I believe that justice is needed for Freddie Gray, but that the people who rioted and looted in Baltimore are counterproductive to achieving that goal. This is because their actions drown out the majority of people who had been speaking out and protesting peacefully in Baltimore, prior to the riots.
Listen in as I play excerpts from today’s hearing at the Supreme Court on Marriage Equality, and then use my background as a Congressional Attorney to dissect them for you.
First, I preview the case that the Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments on this week that will likely decide whether Gays and Lesbians will be allowed to marry one another throughout all 50 states.
Second, I pickup on a conversation with a caller from Friday where we discuss Fracking, Climate Change, and money in politics.
- 6/20/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No
- 5/13/2019 Fox and Friends Takes Gates Interview Out of Context
- 5/9/2019 Contempt for Democracy
- 5/2/2019 Mueller Strikes Back
- 4/29/2019 Is Trumponomics Working? (Fox & Friends)