Bush gives his final speech to the nation and tries to put his best gloss on what his Administration has bequeathed America over the past seven ears: the terrible economy, loss of life at home and abroad, massive debt, unending war, increased poverty, shrinking dollar, huge dependence on foreign oil, failure to catch Osama Bin Laden, opposition and setbacks to science, loss of jobs, treason, and shredding of the Constitution for which his Administration will always be remembered.
Tonight we address Bush’s last speech, say a prayer that he cannot do much worse in the last year than he did in the past seven, and discuss why historians in the future will consider this one of the worst Presidents in American History.
PLUS Gazans escape to Egypt. See comment below.
I’m wondering how much support for Hillary Clinton is a backlash against the mainstream media which has done everything but get on its knees and beg the American People to support Obama and McCain, rather than Clinton and Romney. I may vote for her because of it.
If I vote for Obama, it will be in large measure because of his oratory, including this powerful speech he gave on MLK Day in Atlanta.
Mark analyzes the Democratic Debate in South Carolina and gives the inside scoop on the three front-runners.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult