Former Democratic Senatorial candidate Ned Lamont;
Vice-Chair of the Democratic Party Susie Turnbull;
Former Democratic Gubernatorial candidate Kathleen Kennedy-Townsend; and
Eric Lotke, Research Director for the Campaign for America’s Future.
– An all-night Republican Filbuster to “Give War a Chance”
– Bush’s adamant opposition to giving poor children health care
– Media fawning over lazy empty-suit Senator but “manly” actor Fred Thompson
– A Constitutional Crisis caused by Bush’s refusal to allow Administration officials to testify before Congress
– A Right-Wing Hypocritical Judicial Activist Court
All in all, a typical week in Washington…
VIDEO of show / Audio Archive
Should state and local governments raise money by heavily taxing speeders with fees, in addition to fines? Mark, who concedes he is a traffic scofflaw (“they’re the only laws I break!), opposes the idea.
Introducing guest, George Burke, Chair of the 11th Congressional District Democratic Committee in Virginia, who tomorrow will begin an “Inside Scoop – Virginia” television show spinning off of Mark’s show on Channel 10.
In Virginia, you can get a $3550 speeding ticket for going 15 MPH over the speed limit. And these laws are not just in Virginia: they exist across the nation.
Petition to Repeal Speed Trap Law
Mark takes on the newest discovery of the Attorney General lying to Congress (this time about the PATRIOT Act) and the hypocrisy of “abstinence only, no marriage for gay people” Senator David Vitter’s trysts with prostitutes (Republican family values!);
Then Mark interviews Presidential Candidate Mike Gravel;
Vice-Chairman of the Democratic Party Susie Turnbull on our crazy primary system;
and former Maryland Gubernatorial candidate Kathleen Kennedy Townsend on why she thinks it’s wrong to hate politics.
Mark interviews: David Corn, Washington Editor of the Nation Magazine and co-author of Hubris: The Inside Story of Spin, Scandal, and the Selling of the Iraq War;
Larry Korb of the Center for American Progress, an Assistant Secretary of Defense in the Reagan Administration;
and Medea Benjamin, co-founder of the feminist, anti-war group Code Pink.
- 5/23/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No
- 5/13/2019 Fox and Friends Takes Gates Interview Out of Context
- 5/9/2019 Contempt for Democracy
- 5/2/2019 Mueller Strikes Back
- 4/29/2019 Is Trumponomics Working? (Fox & Friends)
- 4/25/2019 How to Combat Trump’s Disregard for the Law
- 4/29/2019 Laura Ingraham Doesn’t Want to Know the Law on Trump’s Taxes
- 4/18/2019 If This Is All Okay, Do We Owe Nixon an Apology?
- 4/11/2019 Lawlessness: Trump’s Essence