The Inside Scoop on worker conditions at the largest pork processing facility in the world.
Guest: Leila McDowell of the Justice at Smithfield Campaign
The Smithfield Corporation has been officially invited and encouraged to participate live in this discussion. Although unable to attend tonight, they have provided a written statement and a promise to appear on a “Smithfield Update” show in February or March. They have asked me to provide their side of the story.
The United States Supreme Court’s decision to review the District of Columbia gun ban will be the first time since 1939 that the High Court has reviewed the Second Amendment to the Constitution. At that time, the Court held that the Amendment protects the rights of states to organize militias but not individuals’ right to own firearms. Indeed, that has ALWAYS been the holding of the U.S. Courts. The National Rifle Association has not changed the text of the Second Amendment, but their lobbying efforts may, for the first time in 217 years, change the meaning of the Amendment. The text of the Amendment is below:
“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
OK, so Iran is NOT seeking military use of nuclear weapons and hasn’t since 2003. Oops!
The Good News from Venezuela
The Bad News from Russia
Huckabee’s dirty tricks
Romney’s “religious” speech
The Obama-Clinton flap
- 7/19/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!
- 5/30/2019 Mueller to Congress: Impeach!
- 5/23/2019 “I Don’t Do Cover-Ups.” Trump Takes America Hostage
- 5/16/2019 Are Women Human? Alabama Says No