Guest: Blogger Marcy Wheeler of EmptyWheel.FireDogLake.com
Can we prosecute crimes committed by the Bush Admistration?
Whether it’s Republicans, Christian Evangelicals, Arabs, Muslims, Palestinians, or Persians, Obama’s using respect as a weapon of diplomacy. He’s going above and around the leaders of these groups (from James Dobson to Al Qaeda, from Hamas to Ahmanidejad) and directly to the people behind them in an attempt to cleave the moderates from the extremists.
From his first interview on Al Arabiya to his inviting Rick Warren to deliver the Inaugural, from his reaching out to Iran to his reaching out to Republicans, Obama is trying to weaken his adversaries and enemies through an unusual weapon: RESPECT.
Will it work?
When corporate CEOs fail, taking American Workers down with them, and these CEOs beg for and receive taxpayer funds to save them, they don’t just spend the money on corporate jets and exclusive vacations and retreats. The corporate CEOs also use the taxpayer money to screw over the same workers that pay the funds and that taxpayers intended to save:
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on President Obama’s first week on the job.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult