Guest: Blogger Marcy Wheeler of EmptyWheel.FireDogLake.com
Can we prosecute crimes committed by the Bush Admistration?
Whether it’s Republicans, Christian Evangelicals, Arabs, Muslims, Palestinians, or Persians, Obama’s using respect as a weapon of diplomacy. He’s going above and around the leaders of these groups (from James Dobson to Al Qaeda, from Hamas to Ahmanidejad) and directly to the people behind them in an attempt to cleave the moderates from the extremists.
From his first interview on Al Arabiya to his inviting Rick Warren to deliver the Inaugural, from his reaching out to Iran to his reaching out to Republicans, Obama is trying to weaken his adversaries and enemies through an unusual weapon: RESPECT.
Will it work?
When corporate CEOs fail, taking American Workers down with them, and these CEOs beg for and receive taxpayer funds to save them, they don’t just spend the money on corporate jets and exclusive vacations and retreats. The corporate CEOs also use the taxpayer money to screw over the same workers that pay the funds and that taxpayers intended to save:
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on President Obama’s first week on the job.
- 8/22/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 8/15/2019 The Pandemic of Gun Violence
- 8/8/2019 Another Gun Massacre: Just Another Day in the USA
- 8/1/2019 The CNN Democratic Debates, a Breakdown
- 7/19/2019 You Can’t Eat Racism
- 7/11/2019 Trumpism: Self Loathing Turned Outward
- 6/27/2019 What About The Children?
- 6/20/2019 Trump: Ready to Collude Again
- 6/13/2019 An Existential Threat
- 6/6/2019 Guns, Gays, Abortion, and Freedom!