Guest: Blogger Marcy Wheeler of EmptyWheel.FireDogLake.com
Can we prosecute crimes committed by the Bush Admistration?
Whether it’s Republicans, Christian Evangelicals, Arabs, Muslims, Palestinians, or Persians, Obama’s using respect as a weapon of diplomacy. He’s going above and around the leaders of these groups (from James Dobson to Al Qaeda, from Hamas to Ahmanidejad) and directly to the people behind them in an attempt to cleave the moderates from the extremists.
From his first interview on Al Arabiya to his inviting Rick Warren to deliver the Inaugural, from his reaching out to Iran to his reaching out to Republicans, Obama is trying to weaken his adversaries and enemies through an unusual weapon: RESPECT.
Will it work?
When corporate CEOs fail, taking American Workers down with them, and these CEOs beg for and receive taxpayer funds to save them, they don’t just spend the money on corporate jets and exclusive vacations and retreats. The corporate CEOs also use the taxpayer money to screw over the same workers that pay the funds and that taxpayers intended to save:
Mark debates Republican strategist Mike Lane on President Obama’s first week on the job.
- 4/18/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/11/2019 Lawlessness: Trump’s Essence
- 4/8/2019 Trump Immigration Policy Ironically Leads to Increase in Migrations [Fox & Friends]
- 4/11/2019 Radio Inside Scoop
- 4/4/2019 Trust and Fear
- 3/19/2019 Biden, Women: Lots of Good 2020 Dem Choices [Fox and Friends}
- 12/6/2018 Democracy in Peril
- 11/29/2018 Mueller’s Closing In
- 11/26/2018 How Low Can We Go?
- 11/20/2018 Trump Unhinged