Mark discusses why we need Government Spending, why the Arizona law is unconstitutional, and why we need Superfund.
Tony West, the lawyer in the DOJ suit against the unconstitutional Arizona law, is being attacked personally for once representing John Walker Lindh, an American citizen who trained with the Taliban, pled guilty, and was sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Frankly, I don’t get the criticism.Ã‚Â There’s no allegation West has done anything in the slightest that is wrong or unethical, just that he represented a bad guy, which is in the finest American tradition of due process. (John Adams once represented the British Soldier who shot Americans at the “Boston Massacre.”) If no lawyerÃ‚Â had stepped up to represent Lindh, a lawyer would have been required to have been appointed for Lindh under the Sixth Amendment.
Why do conservatives hate our Constitution and the rule of law so much?Ã‚Â If they don’t like our Bill of Rights, they should seek to get rid of it by amending the Constitution.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult