Week in Review
– “Don’t Tase Me, Bro!” (a new rallying cry and, in contrast with Columbia, the WRONG way to deal with free speech)
– The Republican Filibuster of Habeas Corpus (Presumably, their next step is to repeal the Bill of Rights?)
– Remembering the Jena Six (a contemporary primer on racism in the USA and the apparently self-unaware American racists who still cannot see the obvious)
– Dan Rather Seeks Vindication (Yeah, the particular documents may have been forged, but the overall story was true. Bush DID receive favorable treatment in the National Guard and did go AWOL when ordered to take a drug test. In this February 2004 report, Mark has the facts AND documents.
– Hamas Strengthens its Rule Over Gaza (brutally suppressing dissent by Fatah and other Palestinians)
– Did Israel bomb a Syrian Nuclear Plant? (Syria says no. Israel’s not talking).
– Debate over SCHIP (Health care for 10 million uninsured American children or 41 days in Iraq? Where should our money go?)