On the night Joe Biden prepares to deliver his convention address to a party that celebrates decency, diversity, and democracy. Trump and his goons have been caught promoting treason, terrorism, and tricking supporters to steal money from them.
Could the contrast be any more stark?
President Trump admits he is blocking financial aid to the post office in order to sabotage mail-In voting for the upcoming 2020 presidential election.
You can watch this episode here on Twitter/Periscope.
Or here on Facebook.
Or here on YouTube.
I discuss President Donald Trump saying that the United States’ staggering death toll from coronavirus “is what it is” in a new interview with Jonathan Swan of Axios on HBO. Over 158,000 Americans have died of COVID-19, according to Johns Hopkins University of Medicine.
I also discuss other subjects raised in the interview, including Trump not punishing Russia for paying the Taliban to put bounties on the heads of U.S. soldiers, as well as Trump saying he did more for civil rights than any other President besides Lincoln.
Watch this episode here on Twitter/Periscope
or here on Facebook Live
or here on YouTube
I am joined by Julian Zelizer, the Malcolm Stevenson Forbes Professor of History and Public Affairs at Princeton University, and a CNN Political Analyst.
We discuss Julian’s new book, “Burning Down the House: Newt Gingrich, the Fall of a Speaker, and the Rise of the New Republican Party.”
I also ask Julian’s thoughts on the following:
– How did Gingrich/Trump/Fox change a Republican mindset whereby their true believers accept anything and everything — even things that directly contradict everything the GOP used to stand for (anti-Russia, low debt, free trade) — just as long as it is R and not D?
– How are zombie cultists like that created?
– Can we ever win them back?
– Is it just racism/fear of non-white majorities? Or is it something deeper?
We also discuss President Trump’s tweet today about delaying the November elections.
The new book, “Burning Down the House,” is available in HardCover, Audiobook, or Kindle Edition at Amazon.com.
Or, if you’re looking for an Amazon alternative, you can buy it at Bookshop.org, which is an online bookstore with a mission to financially support local, independent bookstores.
I begin this episode by explaining how Donald Trump would be monstrous if he had a modicum of intelligence. I also lay out the parallels between Trumpism and McCarthyism, including a great synopsis by Mary Trump as to what ‘Trumpism’ boils down to. Finally, I close the show with a warning about the dangers of what is transpiring in Portland, with Trump using his own personal army from DHS to attack peaceful protesters.
- 12/17/2020 The Curse of Alternative Facts
- 12/10/2020 Will the Republican War on Democracy Lead to Violence?
- 12/3/2020 Is There a Religious Right to Kill Others? PLUS: The Grift that Keeps On Grifting
- 11/19/2020 Comedy/Catastrophe: Keystone Coup Causing Countless COVID Casualties
- 11/12/2020 President-Elect Biden v. Frankenstein’s Monster
- 11/5/2020 Take a Deep Breath. Within 24-96 Hours, Joe Biden Will Be President-Elect
- 10/29/2020 Vote Now for a Biden Landslide Beyond the ‘Margin of Cheating’
- 10/22/2020 The End Is Near
- 10/15/2020 You Can End Democracy, Health Care, & Human Freedom With a More Pleasant Demeanor. Ask ACB to Show You How
- 10/8/2020 The Republican Death Cult